Published November 12th, 2009
Put together a team of computer scientists and educational technologists or go solo to build a game for learning for the Xbox 360 or Microsoft Zune platform‡ using one of the G4LI’s preliminary design patterns or your own. Demo your game(s) at the G4Li Game Design Expo on December 17, 2009 in New York City.
Registration Deadline: December 5, 2009
Submission Deadline: December 12, 2009
How to Participate:
- Contact a G4LI Primary Investigator
- Register by December 5, 2009 GC09 Registration Form
- Build your game in XNA Game Studio or another platform with approval.
- Submit your final game entry by 11:59pm on December 12, 2009.
- Eligibility: The Game Design Challenge is sponsored by the Games for Learning Institute and open to individuals registered for the contest with any G4LI Primary Investigator.
- The Game must be submitted in the XNA Game Studio 3.1 platform or have written confirmation from the G4LI Technical Manager, Charley Hendee at firstname.lastname@example.org if using another game platform.
- You must register for the contest at www.g4li.org by December 5, 2009.
- The Game must include a design document or a completed scoring rubric describing your chosen game design patterns. This design document should also include the learning task and how the game determines if the learning goal was accomplished. Judging is based on the effectiveness of design pattern implementation as scored on the official game challenge rubric included in the Game Challenge Entry Package.
- The Game Entry and Design Document or self-scored rubric should be submitted by 11:59PM EST on 12/12/09 to email@example.com.
‡ These are the preferred platforms but the contest is open to other formats by arrangement.